The Paint Pottle
Paint your own pottery and clay craft studio for all ages and abilities. Run by local pottery enthusiast Claire, the studio is the perfect place to spend time with your loved ones (or to escape from them!). A great rainy day activity, pottery painting can be enjoyed by the whole family, from toddlers to grandparents. You don’t have to be an artist to create a Pottle masterpiece, Claire and her friendly team are ready with top tips and cheeky cheats to help you to create something to be treasured for years to come. As well as creating baby hand and footprint keepsakes, we also take commissions for bespoke or personalised ceramic gifts that, treated with care, will last a lifetime. We host birthday parties, hen dos, baby showers and corporate events and run a wide variety of workshops and events throughout the year.
Description of Organisation or Services
- The idea of our offer is that you create something to keep as a memory or something practical which is used to the end of its lifespan - which if treated with care should be a very long time!
- We recycle as much as we can, including all the plastic bottles our paints, underglazes and glazes come in (which are non toxic).
- The majority of our packaging is recyclable paper or card and we encourage people to return their bubble wrap (many people who have moved house etc bring me their bubble to reuse and I reuse what packaging I can from my suppliers).
- We reuse tin cans for brush pots and water pots - they also make excellent formers for some of our clay projects. We also reuse anything we think will make a nice or interesting texture in clay!
- We source as much bisque as we can from a local supplier to keep miles down.
- We buy eco cleaning products (including loo roll) and refill at the market.
- We reuse our takeaway kit packaging and brushes after a clean and decontamination period.